Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The State of Predictions.

I believe in you Kickalicious...
but your doing it wrong.
The European Invasion of the NFL is off to a rocky start.  Foreign players with zero college football experience did not make any 53 man roster, but their is still hope.  The 49ers are retaining the Brittish Olympian discuss thrower (with rugby experience) Lawrence Okoye on injured reserve for the season, the Colts moved Daniel Adongo--a professional rugby player from Nairobi, and yes I know Nairobi is in Africa--to their practice squad, and Norwegian kicker Havard Rugland was cut by the Lions but is now trying out with the Packers.
Status: There is still hope.

Steroids are Still Rampant in the NFL.  I have nothing to add, I just want to say that it is painfully obvious.  If the team owners cared about protecting players from themselves they would make a serious push for HGH testing, and they would not be pushing for an 18 game season.  The protection against concussions is a good thing, even if the league is only doing it to protect their wallets.  I do not have proof of steroid abuse but do we really need it?  There is not one player out of the 1000 or so people with a shot to play in the NFL who is willing to risk his body and reputation for millions of dollars and a chance to live the dream.  Baseball, Cycling, and Olympic sprinting are the only sports where people are willing to risk cheating to win, the NFL players have too much self control to try HGH (yes, that is a dig a the off-season criminal reports).
Status: Obvious, but unchanged.

Greg Oden signed with the Heat.  This one is old.  The news broke right after I published my previous State of Predictions, but I did not deem it worth writing a new post over.  j
Status:  Nailed it, even if I did hope he would go to the spurs.  I hope Oden is able to have a good career.

Are we sure Tebow is left handed?  He is a victim of his own
popularity, if he were relatively unknown he would have an
NFL job today.
Tim Tebow will be the most important free agent signing of 2013...not so much.  My prediction was in jest, but I did expect Tebow to make the 53 man roster.  In my serious prediction at the end I predicted that Tebow was a  non-factor this season, but I expected him to be irrelevant from the sideline, not the couch.
Status:  Dead wrong.

Thank You for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment